Benefits of massage for babies:
- Supports the bonding process.
- Improves the blood circulation & digestion.
- Sends a message of unconditional love & acceptance.
- The baby learns how to relax and become more calm.
- The baby feels that it is respected and his/her needs are cared for and considered.
- Can improve sleep patterns.
- Improves self-esteem and self-image.
- Furthering of the development of the digestive tract and the respiratory organs.
- Reduction of colic symptoms and digestive problems.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Sensory stimulation & integration.
Benefits of infant massage for the parent / caregiver:
- Bonding and relaxation.
- Enhance communication.
- Increased parental competence in relating to and handling the baby.
- Fun and loving way to spend quality time with your precious baby.
- Opportunities for close bonds and intensive communion between two people.
- Increase in prolactin/oxytocin production (hormone which enhances “motherly instincts / wellbeing).
- Development of awareness through loving touch and caring attention.